The Society of the Evening Star is an organization whose ultimate goal was to collect the five hidden artifacts in order to unlock the Demon Prison, Zzyzx, and take over the world. The Society was named so because "the evening star ushers in the night." Their archenemies were the Knights of the Dawn.
As mentioned in Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary, in order to achieve their goals, the Society of the Evening Star would lie, steal, kidnap, kill, and most of all, manipulate. Members of the Society consorted with Demons and practitioners of the black arts, and they believed that every magical creature deserved to be free from preserves. They were led by the Sphinx, a mysterious man who had lived for hundreds of years. He had learned much about Zzyzx and knew that no prison could stand forever. He wanted to open the prison and release the Demons on his own terms, and he needed the help of the Society to do it.
After the events of Keys to the Demon Prison, it is unknown whether the Society is still active or has been disbanded.
Known Members of the Society of the Evening Star
- Arlin Santos
- Camira - deceased, slain by Laura
- Casey Hancock
- Christopher Vogel - deceased, slain by the Black Cat Guardian, he also goes by the name Errol Fisk
- Graulas - deceased, slain by Seth Sorenson
- Gray Assassin - deceased, slain by Bracken
- Mirav - deceased, slain by Bracken
- Mr. Lich - deceased, slain by the Sphinx
- Muriel Taggert
- Nagi Luna - deceased, slain by Seth Sorenson
- Navarog - deceased, slain by Raxtus
- Sphinx (leader) - surrendered to the Knights of the Dawn
- Torina Barker - deceased, slain by Bracken
- Vanessa Santoro (formerly)
- Unnamed magical creatures